Saturday 22 November 2008

Pigs


I've been offered a pig house for €30, so even though I haven't got the electric fence or even the pigs, we will buy it. I think our first pigs are going to be standard white pigs, giving the type of pork you buy in the super markets, cheap to buy and I can give a couple of pigs a better life than they would get normally, once I have a little more experience I will buy one of the English breeds either the the Tamworth or the Gloucestershire. There's a few set ups here in Brittany dealing in rare English breeds, I've joined this, http://www.labpif.com/ The l'association was having a bad time, but now has a new commitee so hopefully will start to go places, from here I will be able to source my weaners and get advice on pig keeping.
The pig in this photo is called Squeaky, he had a very narrow escape read his story here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-474684/Squeaky-piglet-makes-miracle-escape-lorry-way-slaughterhouse.html you will need to copy and paste the address into your browser.

1 comment:

James Blog said...

I love this photo !
He is so cute. My lovely pig :)

James
My Blog