Sunday 24 October 2010

Fish, chips and mushy peas, (again)

The recipe for Fish and Chips is here Fish, Chips and Mushy Peas

Originally I bought a piece of Lieu Noir from the fish shop for Paul and I, however Mike and Violaine joined us for lunch so I sliced the fish into Goujons. We don't eat fried food very often, but I love my fish and chips, this time was different as I had a tin of mushy peas, but to be honest its not difficult to do your own.

Beer batter, tinned mushy peas.

Whisk the beer into the flour, to a good creamy consistency, don't worry about a few lumps.


Dust with salted flour


Dip into the batter and allow the excess to drain off.



Lower into hot oil, slowly, there's less chance of them sticking to the basket, mind you don't dip your fingers in though. Cook till golden brown. place onto kitchen paper to soak up the oil. Put your chips into a dish, put your fish on top then garnish with lemon wedges.

No comments: