Thursday 20 January 2011

The Next Moon, draft post

Going back to an earlier posting about the book "The Next Moon" , I've started putting photographs together of the area's and places mentioned. Today I wanted to visit the cross and look at the woods and fields surrounding the cross, I've still plenty to do. What I should do is make a list of all the places mentioned in the book in my area and visit them all, but for now here's where I visited today.


The cross to the Parachutists, between St Marcel and Serent






The Mill


St Marcel
St Marcel was completely destroyed by the Germans in retaliation and was rebuilt after the war.


The memorial near the museum


La Nouette, the Pondard farm.
destroyed during the battle for St Marcel rebuilt after.

Surrounding area


1 comment:

Diane said...

Interesting post thanks for telling me about it. Apart from
http://lifeincharente.blogspot.com/2010/05/memorial-de-la-resistance-chasseneuil.html
Have you seen
http://lifeincharente.blogspot.com/search/label/Oradour-sur-Glane which also may be of interest to you. No problem with useing the photo.Diane